Terms and conditions
Conditions of booking a room at Kaplan Living Bournemouth, Kaplan Living Brighton, Kaplan Living Glasgow, Kaplan Living Liverpool and Kaplan Living Nottingham
Please read these conditions carefully. If you are unsure of anything you should ask for clarification. This is not a tenancy agreement.
1. For most bookings, we operate a cooling-off period whereby you have 72 hours to change your mind. However, bookings made after 1st August will only have a 24-hour cooling-off period, due to the high demand for rooms in Bournemouth, Brighton, Glasgow, Liverpool and Nottingham.
2. At Kaplan Living, we do not take security deposits. To secure your room, an accommodation payment of £250 is required. At the end of the 72-hour cooling-off period, this payment is transferred to the tenant’s Rent Account as a payment towards the first rent instalment.
3. Once your instalment plan has been agreed, you will be emailed a schedule of when your rent payments must be made. The first payment is due before the start of your tenancy. Keys will not be issued to you until you have paid the first instalment of your rent. Please note that the rent for semester (short-term) contracts must be paid in full before keys are issued. Details of how to make payments will be set out in your welcome information.
4. Your tenancy agreement will be made available for you and your guarantor to sign either within the booking portal or by email. In addition to signing the agreement and accepting the terms and conditions, we need you and your guarantor to provide photo ID and proof of address (note that your guarantor will need to be a permanent UK resident). Your guarantor would be acknowledging that they understand that if the tenant was to default in paying their instalment plan, he or she would be liable to make the rent payments to us.
These documents can be uploaded into the booking portal, sent to us by email or returned to us by recorded delivery, to the relevant address from the list below:
Kaplan Living Bournemouth
51 – 65 Holdenhurst Road
Kaplan Living Brighton
1 Market Square Circus Street
Kaplan Living Glasgow – Argyle Street
1175 Argyle Street
Kaplan Living Glasgow – Old Dumbarton
200 Old Dumbarton Road
Kaplan Living Liverpool
1 Paddington Village
Kaplan Living Nottingham
8 Bromley Place
Please note: We will need to have received and processed full payment of the first term’s instalment of rent, and must have received all necessary documents (including the signed tenancy agreement and guarantor letter), before you are able to move into your accommodation.
We cannot issue you with keys if there are outstanding payments due on your account.
Kaplan Living is working in partnership with Endsleigh, an insurance provider recommended by NUS, to provide you with comprehensive insurance protection for the contents inside your room.
You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover as it is included in your contract. However, it is important for you to check the policy to ensure that you understand the following:
- the level of protection provided
- the exclusions and limitations of the cover
- your policy excess
- how to make a claim under the policy and
- whether the level of cover provided is sufficient, or if you need to extend the cover to protect your valuables and possessions.
Full details of your insurance policy can be found here.
03.04.2020 Endsleigh Insurance Policy update in response to Covid-19 can be found here.