Terms and conditions
Conditions of Booking a Room at Global Point in Nottingham & Lansdowne Point in Bournemouth
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING YOU SHOULD ASK FOR CLARIFICATION. THIS IS NOT A TENANCY AGREEMENT.
1. At Kaplan Residences, we do not take deposits. To secure your room, a booking fee payment of £250 is required. At the commencement of your tenancy, £100 of the £250 paid converts into an administration charge and the remaining £150 is deducted from your rent. If you are eligible to pay your rent by instalments, it will be deducted from your first payment. The booking fee of £250 is non-refundable, even if you decide to cancel.
2. If you make a booking without first seeing the accommodation (not necessarily the specific room), we operate a ‘cooling off’ period whereby you have 72 hours to change your mind. However, bookings made after 1st August 2017 will only have a 24 hour ‘cooling off’ period, due to the high demand of room availability in Nottingham & Bournemouth.
3. Once your instalment plan has been agreed, you will be emailed a schedule of when your payments must be made. The first payment is due before the start of your tenancy. Keys will not be issued until you have paid the first instalment. Semester (short term) contracts must be paid in full before keys are issued. Details on how to make payment will be shown in your welcome information.
4. Your tenancy agreement will be emailed to you. You must make sure that you and your guarantor sign it. When this has been returned, we will send your guarantor a letter asking for documentation to confirm their identity (all guarantors must be living in the UK) and that they sign this to confirm that they understand the terms stated in our letter. If the tenant was to default with their instalment plan, the guarantor would be liable to make the payments. We ask that you return all documents to us by ideally by recorded delivery to:
Global Point – Kaplan Residences
8 Bromley Place
Lansdowne Point – Kaplan Residences
51 – 65 Holdenhurst Road
All credit card payments are subject to a £30 charge on payments over £500.
If you pay your rent in full on or before your arrival date, you will receive a 2% discount on the rent payable.
We will need to have received and processed payment and in respect of your booking fee and first terms instalment, and all necessary documents have been received before you are able to move into your accommodation.
We cannot issue you with keys if there are outstanding payments due on your account.
Global Point – Nottingham – Booking Incentive
- The promoter is: Kaplan NT Ltd (company no. 05268287) whose registered office is 2nd Floor Warwick Building, Avonmore Road, Kensington Village, London, W14 8HQ.
- If you book a Deluxe Studio at Global Point Nottingham on a 50 week contract between these exclusive dates (17th August 2017 – 11th September 2017), subject to these Terms and Conditions, you will be entitled to a £100 Amazon voucher.
- The Amazon voucher will be given within 14 days of last rent instalment.
- All rent must be paid, to receive this offer
- This offer is valid for students living at Kaplan Residences – Global Point accommodation only.
- Existing customers who are in arrears or who are otherwise in breach of their 2017/18 tenancies are not eligible for this offer.
- This promotion is administered by Kaplan NT Ltd and we reserve the right to change, edit or remove the promotion at any time.
- Entry into this offer will be deemed as acceptance of these terms and conditions
Endsleigh Insurance Campaign 2017
Your contents. Covered.
Kaplan is working in partnership with Endsleigh, the No. 1 student insurance provider, to provide some cover for the contents inside your room. You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover, but it is important for you to check and ensure that you fully understand the protection provided and whether it is sufficient for your needs.
- Check your level of cover
- Review key exclusions and limitations
- Check your policy excess
- Learn how to make a claim
- Extend and personalise your cover to protect laptops, phones and other valuables
Endsleigh knows that life can grind to a halt without your possessions, so it is worth spending a few minutes to establish whether the things that matter to you most are protected both inside and outside your room. They are the only insurance provider recommended by NUS and have been shaping their products and services around their customers’ needs for over 50 years.
Developing products built for students, Endsleigh understands that protecting and replacing gadgets quickly is hugely important to students; that’s why they will replace any lost, stolen or unrepairable gadgets within 24 hours of your claim being approved. Their cover can protect gadgets, watches, bikes and musical instruments under one policy—giving you the flexibility to build your cover to protect the things that matter to you most.
To find out more, visit https://www.endsleigh.co.uk/personal/home-insurance/your-student-cover/?HHRef=HH1374
Kaplan share your details with Endsleigh for the purpose of providing you with contents insurance. Full details of this can be found by visiting www.endsleigh.co.uk/reviewcover