Terms and conditions
Conditions of booking a room at Kaplan Living Bournemouth, Kaplan Living Brighton, Kaplan Living Glasgow, Kaplan Living Liverpool and Kaplan Living Nottingham
PLEASE READ THESE CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. IF YOU ARE UNSURE OF ANYTHING YOU SHOULD ASK FOR CLARIFICATION. THIS IS NOT A TENANCY AGREEMENT.
1. For most bookings, we operate a cooling-off period whereby you have 72 hours to change your mind. However, bookings made after 1st August will only have a 24-hour cooling-off period, due to the high demand for rooms in Bournemouth, Brighton, Glasgow, Liverpool and Nottingham.
2. At Kaplan Living, we do not take security deposits. To secure your room, an accommodation payment of £250 is required. At the end of the 72-hour cooling-off period, this payment is transferred to the tenant’s Rent Account as a payment towards the first rent instalment.
3. Once your instalment plan has been agreed, you will be emailed a schedule of when your rent payments must be made. The first payment is due before the start of your tenancy. Keys will not be issued to you until you have paid the first instalment of your rent. Please note that the rent for semester (short-term) contracts must be paid in full before keys are issued. Details of how to make payments will be set out in your welcome information.
4. Your tenancy agreement will be emailed to you. You must make sure that you and your guarantor sign it, and then return the signed agreement to us. When the signed agreement has been returned, we will send your guarantor a letter asking for documentation to confirm their identity (all guarantors must live in the UK). We ask that your guarantor signs this letter to confirm that they understand the terms stated in it, and to acknowledge that they understand that if the tenant was to default in paying their instalment plan, the guarantor would be liable to make the rent payments to us. We ask that you return all documents to us, ideally by recorded delivery, to the relevant address from the list below:
Kaplan Living Bournemouth
51 – 65 Holdenhurst Road
Kaplan Living Brighton
1 Market Square Circus Street
Kaplan Living Glasgow – Argyle Street
1175 Argyle Street
Kaplan Living Glasgow – Old Dumbarton
200 Old Dumbarton Road
Kaplan Living Liverpool
1 Paddington Village
Kaplan Living Nottingham
8 Bromley Place
Please note: We will need to have received and processed full payment of the first term’s instalment of rent, and must have received all necessary documents (including the signed tenancy agreement and guarantor letter), before you are able to move into your accommodation.
We cannot issue you with keys if there are outstanding payments due on your account.
Kaplan Living Bournemouth – Booking Incentive 2019
- The promoter is: Kaplan Bournemouth Ltd (company no. 08291927) whose registered office is 2nd Floor Warwick Building, Avonmore Road, Kensington Village, London, W14 8HQ.
- If you book a cluster room or a studio at Kaplan Living Bournemouth on a 40, 43 or 50 week contract, between these dates (1st December 2018 –14th February 2019 (inclusive)) and subject to these Terms and Conditions, you will be entitled to a discount equivalent to one week of rent.
- In order to qualify for the discount, your application form must be received by us and the booking fee must be paid within the above dates.
- The discount will be deducted from the last rent instalment and will be the equivalent of one week of rent.
- This offer is valid for students who will be living at Kaplan Living Bournemouth accommodation only.
- Existing customers who are in arrears or who are otherwise in breach of their 2018/19 accommodation contract are not eligible for this incentive.
- In order to qualify for the discount, all rent payments for 2019/20 will need to be paid up to date as any account in arrears will not receive the discount.
Kaplan Living is working in partnership with Endsleigh, an insurance provider recommended by NUS, to provide you with comprehensive insurance protection for the contents inside your room.
You don’t need to do anything to activate this cover as it is included in your contract. However, it is important for you to check the policy to ensure that you understand the following:
- the level of protection provided
- the exclusions and limitations of the cover
- your policy excess
- how to make a claim under the policy and
- whether the level of cover provided is sufficient, or if you need to extend the cover to protect your valuables and possessions.
Full details of your insurance policy can be found here.